As the warm weather has arrived, it's time to think about adapting your beauty routine. After helping your skin get through the winter, a new goal emerges: preparing your skin for the summer. In fact, in order to get an even, long-lasting tan, without consuming your "sun capital", you need to take care of your skin as early as spring. Your beauty routine should include exfoliation, moisturizing, and appropriate vitamin and mineral treatments. How to prepare your skin for the sun in spring? We share all our secrets to tan safely and keep a beautiful skin despite the sun and heat.
Beauty steps to prepare your skin for the summer
Preparing your skin for the summer involves reinforcing certain habits. To take care of your skin and maintain your healthy glow on a daily basis, you already adopt a number of gestures into your beauty routine:
- Facial cleansing with gentle formulas.
- The application of a day and/or night cream.
- The occasional or daily use of a serum. To approach the summer days, your beauty ritual must also focus on:
- Protecting the skin from sun damage with high factor sun products.
- Preparing the skin for tanning with exfoliation and hydration of the skin. In summary, preparing your skin for the sun means maintaining your beauty routine by adding to your routine a pre-sun scrub to be performed once or twice a week and a highly moisturizing cream to be applied every day. It also means adopting a diet rich in vitamins, antioxidants and water. We'll speak about it next.
Hydration and nutrition: the foundations of beautiful skin
Our advice to accompany your special sun beauty ritual lies in the following resolutions:
- Adopt a diet rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids.
- Monitor your hydration. In order to prepare your skin for summer, don't hesitate to put vitamin-packed raw vegetables on your plate. To season them, we prefer olive oil or wheat germ oil, sources of omega 3, 6 and 9, formidable allies against the signs of skin aging. Moisturizing your skin in summer also involves the drinks you consume. In your cup of tea, use green tea, a powerful antioxidant with detoxifying properties. When the weather is dry and hot, water is the best partner in a beauty routine to avoid problems of dehydrated skin.
How to acquire an even, long-lasting tan
Before answering the question: how to wear a beautiful tan? Let us introduce you to the physiological mechanism that makes the skin tan. Under the effect of ultraviolet rays, skin defends itself by producing melanin. A real photoprotective shield, this dark pigment absorbs UV rays and imparts upon the skin its amber to brown tint. When melanin no longer filters UV rays, the skin becomes sunburned. This oxidative stress promotes the formation of free radicals responsible for the loss of skin elasticity and skin aging. To take care of your skin in the summer and show an even tan, you should therefore:
- Exfoliate your skin with a face scrub or a body scrub which allows for an easier tanning process and maintains your tan longer.
- Pamper your skin with a moisturizer morning and evening and a mask several times a week to help regenerate your skin by fighting against external aggressions. These beauty gestures are essential to:
- Prepare your skin before a trip to the sun.
- Moisturize your skin during exposure to the sun.
- Make your tan last long after your vacation ends.
Our selection of face and body care products to prepare the skin before summer
A moisturizing routine, face scrub or even a mask for pretty feet during the summer: here is our selection of face and body cares to prepare your skin for the beautiful season.
It's time to prepare your skin for the summer! Before any exposure to the sun, your face needs a moisturizing skincare routine. Serum, cream and face masks, here is our choice for your summer facial care routine:
- Élixir Source d'Eau, an intensive facial moisturizing serum to fight against tightness of skin lacking in moisture and protect it from external aggressions.
- Caresse Source d'Eau, a moisturizing face cream to offer a hydration bath to your skin while protecting it from pollution and blue light.
- Wrap Hyal-Aqua, a microfiber moisturizing face mask, encrusted with Camellia petals and enriched with natural active ingredients to replump, moisturize and replenish the skin.
- Le Wrap d'Eau, a moisturizing face balm for immediate continuous hydration, ideal for skin abused by sun exposure, sea water and chlorine.
Why exfoliate your skin before the summer
To prepare the skin for the sun, then to take care of your skin during the summer, your beauty ritual should include the application of a scrub before sun exposure for the face. To renew your skin, once or twice a week you can use:
- A grain-free scrub like Le Wrap Exfolys to smooth and soften the skin.
- A grainy scrub like Le Wrap Exfolys au Riz to unclog pores and gently exfoliate the skin. Freed from the impurities accumulated on the surface of the epidermis, your skin tans more evenly and your tan is more luminous and radiant.
Hydrated feet in the summer, prepare for the return of sandals
Summer is the perfect time to moisturize your feet. Bundled up in closed shoes all winter, they haven't seen the sun in 6 months. To look your best in sandals, we recommend using a foot moisturizer such as:
- Le Wrap Pieds Hydra-Repair, a foot mask in the form of moisturizing treatment socks, specially designed to offer all the benefits of a spa-pedicure at home.
Beauty steps to preserve and moisturize your skin after sun exposure
During sun exposure, UV rays generate a large amount of free radicals which promote dehydration and premature aging of the skin. Our After-Sun care products fight against free radicals and activate the cellular detoxification mechanisms. To get through the summer in style and keep a beautiful tan long after vacation, we recommend:
- Le Wrap Après-Soleil, a hydrogel after-sun face mask to soothe and intensely moisturize skin heated by the sun. Its detoxifying and tan-prolonging active ingredients help fight against the harmful effects of sun exposure while providing a luminous, long-lasting tan.
- Caresse Après-Soleil, an after-sun body care with Aloe Vera and Peppermint extracts for intense hydration and an instant sensation of freshness and well-being.